There are many reasons why businesses turn to Ethernet access for achieving improved application performance and business productivity. In fact, in a previous post, we discussed the top 10 factors for choosing Ethernet connectivity, including availability, performance and bandwidth scalability, among many others. Now, let’s take a look at the top 10 applications that benefit from connecting with Ethernet and why.
- Layer 2 VPNs for IT Infrastructure: Ethernet Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) maximize the performance of existing IT infrastructure increasing network control.
- Cloud Computing: The deterministic and dynamic service attributes of Ethernet benefit the way cloud computing is used and consumed.
- Site to Site Access: Provides added performance and higher bandwidth levels along with service standardization at all locations.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): Offers better transparency, standardization at all locations and easier performance management.
- Video Applications: Provides better quality of service (QoS).
- Voice: Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is well-known for its cost-savings. Ethernet provides quality of service (QoS) options and improved performance management.
- Distributed Storage Area Networks: Provides added performance and higher bandwidth levels.
- CCTV: Closed-circuit television (CCTV) – Ethernet connectivity offers consistent cost and ubiquity enabling improved service management.
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery: Ethernet allow business continuity and disaster recovery networks to optimally perform with measurable performance and flexible bandwidth levels.
- Distributed Imaging: Ethernet delivers the higher bandwidth required for distributed imaging systems including picture archiving and communications system (PACS).
Looking at the application ecosystem, we see computing power and usage increasingly tied to a user experience. And that user experience is driven by network-centric environment. Businesses want to distribute their applications into a hosted environment to get the economic and performance benefits of the third-party data centers, but the user experience must be maintained or improved over time - and leveraging Ethernet access for network connectivity can be the defining element of that user experience.
For more information about how Global Capacity’s One Marketplace can improve your application delivery, click here. .
Schedule a meeting with Global Capacity to review your application connectivity requirements.